November 22, 2008

In HIS rest!

Wow... entering into his rest is where it is at people!
The other day I was really feeling scared, I was nervous about our future. I get down on my knees and I am like, God you are in control. I know this. Help me to be at peace though...
I wrote how they are laying off engineers, which they will still do. Get this though... Steve was looking at his computer the other day "checking his work" (I hate this sometimes, you all know what I am talking about when I say he is on the computer... he has come into your homes and used your computer to "check out" his work!) and he comes upstairs and tells me that he is so stoked! He saw this position on the railroad that he has been praying about, and I have been praying, would come around for him, it is an engineer turn that works a certain scheduled job. The guy that has the job right now is actually retiring next year, and if things don't change, he could have it! (Things always change, though, cannot get too attatched to something or get your hopes up, have joy in it all!). It is in Longview, out of Longview Washington, like 15 minutes from our house~! Get this, the guy is on vacation from now until the end of the year and they put Steve on the job! Nobody wants it cause it is out of Longivew, and they would have to drive so far, we don't! HA! Steve called the people in Omaha NE and asks them if they can put him on it. He calls his manager and everything... God works things out so awesomely (is that a word?!) better than we could ever work it out. Get this... he works Monday through Friday, 1:00p.m. till like between 8:00p.m. and mindnightish! And the best part! WEEKENDS OFF! Wow! We haven't had that in I think over 6 years! A SCHEDULE! For one month! That one month is just what the doctor ordered. We have never had a schedule and weekends off! I don't even really know how to convey the amazing, miraculous feeling that comes through me.

Today on our first ever "Weekend off" we drove into Longview and went to Lowe's, we are doing some home improvement things around the house... had a to get a few things. What a great time it is, not worrying about work, not worrying about his schedule! I tell ya, what a blessing.

We don't know how long it will last, he could get pulled off it anytime, well, not likely, but you never know. But he has this turn until the end of the year! God you are so loving to us, to bring about miracles, blessings... in the nik of time! GOD has a plan! God will meet our needs. Always enter into HIS rest!!! Amen!

Blessings, Sharrie

No comments: