September 27, 2008

Continuing to press in... thank you God!!!

This past week or so has been a heavy one for me. I think what happens is, we are so weighted down by the cares of our lives, we get blinded and we just focus on the junk around us. I was blinded and struggling, just trying to make it there for awhile. Then I got a glimpse of hope in my life, thank you God. Then I started to press in cause I knew that was the only way I was gonna make it. And doesn't it seem like the weights get a little heavier just as soon as we do that??? You know what I am talking about, we are choosing TRUTH, the right thing to do, the thing that God would want us to do and then we keep getting blindsided, wiped out, smacked in the face... Satan does that. He uses all kinds of stuff to try and detour our efforts at peace and harmony in our souls. He is the author of lies, he wants to kill, rob, and destroy me... Jerk! So, in all the hard core pressin' in and persevering, this awesome thing starts happening. Things change. Now, I am not saying that the things around me changed. I am not saying that because I choose in my heart to follow God that all my troubles would go away, cause they never will, we live in this fallen world, it is sinful by nature and bad things are gonna happen. But get this, my heart and attitude changed! I changed. The cares of this life will always be there. But thank you Lord that we have hope in you. We can always turn to you, when we need you, and you will be there with open arms to welcome us in!
My mom put it best recently, she says, "It is like when you are out with your children. They will wander away, go play, have their fun, but the moment, the exact instant they perceive danger or a threat, they look for their momma or daddy, whomever can help them... That is how we are with God." If we didn't have those dangers, problems, a need, why would we reach out?
This is something that I always think about, this story of Peter and Jesus on the sea...
Matthew 14:22-33
Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone, but the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it. During the fourth watch of the night Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. "It's a ghost," they said, and cried out in fear. But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." "Lord, if it's you," Peter replied, "tell me to come to you on the water." "Come," he said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!" Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?" And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God."
Jesus was always there. Peter started to look around at all the wind and got scared. (Aren't we all scared sometimes, with our situations, our circumstances, etc... that surround us and weigh us down ) Jesus says, Peter just come to me. When Peter stopped looking at him, taking his eyes off of him, he started to sink. When he cried out to him, immediately Jesus was there! He was there to hold his hand, lift him up, save him! Thank you God that you do that with us daily, when we cry out to you! You are right there! To bring us to shore, to victory!
I pray you have a blessed week! God bless! Keep pressin' in to Jesus for a victory! Amen!

No comments: